One of my photographs that are going to be exhibited in the upcoming exhibitions “My gender, My self”
Photography Center of Thessaloniki is organizing a series of actions in 2017 centered on Gender, under the general title “My gender, My self”, as mentioned below:
Photography exhibition and video art at Toss Gallery, in the centre of Thessaloniki/ Greece. Paricipants are 15 young Greek artists, who work in Greece and also abroad. Curated by Thanassis Raptis, photographer. Opening on 31st of March, 2017, 8pm.
Froso Papadimitriou, Gina Maragoudaki, Manos Chrysovergis, Lily Zoumpouli, Panos Kefalos, Eva Geromichalou-Vei, Elena Ganda, Giorgos Kanis, Georgia Ponirakou, Georgia Lale (video), Vassiliki Sandali, Kyriakos Katsareas, Fili Olsefski, Maria Tzeferi, Afroditi Dafnou (performance)
On Saturday, January 14th, 2017, a meeting was held on the theme of Gender, at the Museum of Photography and was free to the public.
- Art Historian and Director of the Center of Contemporary Art. Syrago Tsiara., Subject: “Τhe turmoil of gender and policies of seeing in Contemporary Art”
- Poet and editor of the literary magazine ‘Eneken’ Giorgos Giannopoulos, Subject: “The issue of women and class consciousness”
- The Psychologist – Psychoanalyst and president of the Freudian Society of Northern Greece Christos Sidiropoulos, Subject: “Photography as a mirror without a surface and and gender intergration”
- The photographer and Art Director of the Photography Center of Thessaloniki Vassilis Karkatselis, Subject: “The emergence of the Feminist Photography within the Postmodern”
- Photographer Manos Chrysovergis, Subject: “Photography and experience on” kinky” sexuality”
- The PhD Psychopathology Univ. de Paris and Author Fotis Kaggelaris, Subject: “Gender as a limit”
The conference was supported by the Thessaloniki Museum of Photography.